Looking for a measure for your pedagogical research? Here are some published resources for your use.
A Compendium of Scales: A great resources edited by members of the Society for Teaching of Psychology
- Student Study Checklist (Gurung, Weidert, & Jeske, 2010). An easy measure capturing main ways students study.
- Procrastination Scale (Chow, 2011; Schwarzer, Schmitz, & Diehl, 2000).
- Mindfulness Awareness Scale (Brown & Ryan, 2003).
- Textbook Assessment and Usage Scale (TAUS; Gurung & Martin, 2011): Assess how your students rate their textbook.
- Employable Skills Self-Efficacy Survey (ESSES: Ciarocco & Stromhelz, 2017).
Major Cognitive Variables Related to Learning:
- Mindset (Dweck, 2006).
- Depth of Processing (Entwistle, McCune, & Tait, 2013).
- Motivated Strategies for Learning (Pintrich, R. R., & DeGroot, 1990). Motivational beliefs and self regulations. Many subscales.
- Academic Self Efficacy
- Self Esteem (Rosenberg, 1965).
Teacher-Student Rapport and Measures
- Learning Alliance Inventory (Rogers, 2015).
- Teacher Behavior Checklist (Keeley, Smith, & Buskist, 2012).
Interested in exploring an existing data set to test new questions? This page will serve as a repository of data contributed by researchers who earn an Open Data badge as used by the Open Science Framework